Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wax Museum of Famous Americans

I had the opportunity today to go the Wax Museum of Famous Americans where I happened across a "wax" figure of Ella Fitzgerald who bore a striking resemblance to my daughter Cayla.

The wax Ella:



The real Ella:


Upon pushing the Ella Activator button she summed up her life story in 30 seconds. There were all kinds of characters at the museum today, but Ella was my favorite.



Grandma also visited the museum and snapped the above picture. She also took a movie, but unfortunately we couldn't get it to work on any of my computers.




I had to throw in this picture with her sparkly pumps we found at the DI in the perfect size.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to encourage learning. I wish they could have more opportunities to be so creative, even if sometimes it is more work for the parents than the kids!!

Julie said...

I see a bit of you in Ella! Great costume, what a fun day!

Jessica said...

How fun, although I am gald that we have not had any big projects yet.

Matt-n-Jef said...

What a striking resemblance. How fun is that!

Grandmajoann said...

It was a great Wax Museum. All 3 fifth grades participated. I arrived there at 9 a.m. and it didn't start until 9:30, so I was the first one in the room and I went around and pushed all the buttons and heard all the talks before anyone came in. They were all very well prepared and very cute. I saw Betsy Ross, Ab Lincoln, Amelia Erhart, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, you name them, they were there. It was a special day for the kids. One they will never forget. Good goin' Girl!

Anonymous said...

Well that looks like a lot of fun. Your costume was so good that in that first picture I thought it was Cayla's face in one of those cut-outs.

I am very impressed! And thrilled that it was not me that had to come up with the costume. The best day of my life was the one I realized I never had to do the Science Fair again!

Alyssa Findlay said...

Who ever came up with the idea for Ella Fitzgerlad is my hero! Oh wait, it was ME! Ella Fitzgerald pretty much rocks, and so does Cayla. See, perfect match.