Here are the before pictures of the really nasty bathroom.


When the girls left for Pittsburgh on vacation, we knew we were going to be doing the bathrooms, just not when. After I got back from taking them to the airport on Friday I got a call that the contractor was ready to start on Monday. I decided not to tell them what was going on so when they came back from Pittsburgh, they came home to a completely gutted bathroom. Surprise!!
Now here we have the results, just made ready for move-in yesterday. For orientation purposes, as you enter the bathroom now, the wall opposite the second sink (just before you enter the toilet/tub area) is a new door into the vanity/shower room addition.


Finally, new sinks that are not brown and no more tiled countertop, but beautiful smooth granite.
New and improved toilet/tub area and Brittni's knees (didn't realize they were in the picture).
The tile you can see where it goes partway up the wall is that way around the entire room, behind the toilet and around the other side. This room will never have to be painted behind the toilet again. Yeah!!
Newly added room, vanity and shower. With the three-way mirror it's hard to get a picture that makes sense because everything is reflecting in the mirror.
Great new light fixture. Alyssa and I picked the lights out from pictures on the internet and they turned out even prettier than I thought they would, although it is hard to tell in the picture. The white actually has a marble look to it, which I didn't realize, but I love.
Not a very good picture of the shower, but it is the size of a bathtub without the tub. I should have opened the door and got a shot of the giant new shower head.
Now I get to temporarily move into their bathroom, while they do mine. Demolition day is Tuesday.









4 comments:
I was just looking at Alyssa's blog and noticed that you had started one of your own. The bathroom and the girls rooms all look really nice. Welcome to the blog party!
WOW! What a difference! You did a great job. I can only imagine what that will add to your resale value. Finally, a bathroom that makes sense!
I must say it is a real improvement and it looks better in person. I am glad that I live close enough to be able to see the real thing! and YES your girls are spoiled! But I love spoiled kids...LOL
NICE!! We are all so HGTV decoraters.. Looking good there SIS
Post a Comment