Sunday, November 16, 2008

Disney on Ice

Last Wednesday, Brittni, Cayla and I went to Disney on Ice. Cayla has never been before, and last time we went with just Alyssa and Brittni, because our seats ended up being where you couldn't see well and shouldn't have been sold, they put us on the very front row and center. It was so awesome, and I wanted Cayla to have that kind of experience so I bought the best seats available that day, which were row C, and I thought that was probably the third row. Well, it ended up being the first row on the side and we had the very first seats so we were right up front right by the little stages they have at that end of the ice that the skaters sometimes get up on and where the men in black come set up props.

For some reason I don't think Cayla was into have her picture taken at this moment.







This is the little stage that was just a few feet in front of us.



One funny thing that happened that night was that towards the end of the show this big ball of suds came falling from above and landed right on the back of the head of this little boy next to us who was standing in front of his dad. I guess it was from the bubble machine they use during the Nemo scene. It seemed to just come out of nowhere because looking up, it didn't really look like the boy was straight underneath any equipment up there, but my girls actually saw it falling so I guess it did. Needless to say the dad looked completely stunned.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun, Katie wanted to go but we couldn't afford it this year so i promised it next year. Now I know it is worth getting good seats!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time. Steph and Brian took the girls on Friday. I haven't had a report yet though.

Steph, get on it!

Grandmajoann said...

How very fun and how nice that you could sit so close. Cayla, you should have been smiling and WEARING that crown!

Anonymous said...

We meant to go last year and just didn't get around to doing it. We should have because now if we want to do something like that we would have to drive 2 hours to one of the bigger cities and make a day event of it, and who has time for that!

Matt-n-Jef said...

I wish I would have joined one of those shows in my day. Just to have the experience of traveling around the country to see the different states and scenery.

You may not remember my experience of skating in the show with the live symphony and Doroty Hamill as the guest. That was so awesome. Did you know she got paid about one million bucks just to skate around for a few seconds? What a dream life huh?

Could never quite figure out why people were so mesmerized just by her gliding around the ice with no jumps, very few spins and so little hoopla..

I guess winning the gold medal brings you all that joy for little or no work.