Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole


Yes, I am posting about casserole, but no, I didn't take a picture of my food, just grabbed one from the internet.
After living with a non-vegetable-eating husband for 16 years, I have been craving a really good chicken and broccoli casserole. It's been about 20 years since I have had one. With the husband out of the way, I still had one obstacle, a non-vegetable, non-chicken eating daughter. Since Alyssa is never home at dinner time anymore because of work, and Brittni and Cayla both eat broccoli and chicken, I decided it was time.


It was everything I hoped it would be. That was the best meal I've cooked in a long, long time, most likely because it is not one of the 10 or so meals I rotate in our limited repertoire, and the best part is I split it into two casserole dishes and put one in the freezer for another delicious meal that is oven ready. YUM!!!

7 comments:

Alyssa Findlay said...

I have one word for ya. GROSS! I cannot believe that people will actually EAT broccoli, let alone WITH CHICKEN! Sick. I'm glad I'm not home for dinner anymore, cause it looks like the meals have taken a turn for the worse. lol

Anonymous said...

Well, I will be needing that recipe. In fact, I need a LOT of chicken recipes, as one of Rick's new orders is no red meat.

We are seriously already sick of chicken, and he is really not terribly fond of fish.

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy a good chicken and broccoli casserole. It is so hard figuring out a meal plan for the week that everyone likes. Luckily for me, Nate has been dealing with it for the last couple of weeks. It is so wonderful not to have to worry about it.

~Cynthia~ said...

I wish I had a Nate at my house. That is seriously my drudge chore of the week, meal planning..YUCK! I don't mind the grocery shopping so much once I know what I'm getting, but meal planning is the pits.

Kellie said...

I agree the worst part of dinners is the planning. Cooking isn't bad its just deciding what to cook. But broccoli and chicken are one of the best combinations!

Jen said...

Broccoli and chicken make a great meal!

I myself have had two cravings lately, one for Thanksgiving dinner and one for roast beef with horseradish sauce (sorry Rick). I cooked a little turkey breast in a crock pot yesterday and for the past two dinners I have enjoyed turkey, stuffing, and hubbard squash. I have been having roast beef and horseradish sandwiches for lunch for two weeks now, and I am nowhere near done with that!

Grandmajoann said...

Okay, for all of us, please post the recipe. I could use this one also! Not that I am in love with Broccoli, but I would make it.