Sunday, September 28, 2008

Room Redo #1 (Brittni's room)

Thought I would post the bedroom makeovers we have accomplished this year. Alyssa got her room redone when she was 15 and it was done in ALL bright pink and bright green and is a really happy fun room, and as you have seen on her blog, she is now changing it up some and adding some sophisticated black.



Brittni's room was next when she turned 15, and hers was finished early this year. I love how it turned out. I think it is beautiful, even if I do say so myself. Her favorite color is purple and we did it in Plum and Lotus Green.
We added a stage and karaoke, as she is the singer in the family.
She had the wonderful experience of going to Paris in the summer of 2007 with her French teacher and her two best friends, so we added some touches of Paris also.
The chandelier is very elegant. We still do not have window coverings as we couldn't find what we wanted and since we are now getting new windows, I wanted to wait until those are in.

And for her birthday (16th) she got this cool new microphone stand so she no longer has to hold her microphone when she sings. This is really a decked out room. I can't seem to figure out how to get this post to stay the way I lay it out, so if anyone has some tips to share I would be grateful.






5 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like a beautiful room! I hope you are done for a while now, that has been a lot of work. We need pictures of the bathrooms when they are done.

Anonymous said...

The room is absolutely gorgeous. The French touches are very elegant. Your girls certainly do have their own personalities.

As for getting things to post like you want them to.....I swear a lot. It doesn't help, but it keeps me from breaking the keyboard.

Anonymous said...

The bed is intriguing. Where did you find it?

~Cynthia~ said...

All her furniture is PB Teen (pottery barn). The furniture is way too expensive and then you have to pay for shipping on top of it all. Fortunately for me, they sent the wrong bed twice, so I got all the shipping for free. It put the project behind a month but it saved me over $300.00. The backrest supports are removeabe, but the way they are now they face the stage so you can sit on her bed and enjoy the show.

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't want a stage in their room, that is so cool.