Friday, December 4, 2009

Hank R. Chiff...

Hank was hanging around out front again today, so I managed to get a few more pictures. I really don't believe he is anyone's lost pet. I'm pretty certain he is a Mountain Cottontail which is not a pet bunny breed. I have posted a few pictures for comparison. I have also checked out all the pet rabbit breeds and he doesn't match any of them.

These are Hank.





These are just a few Mountain Cottontail pictures I found on Google images. Of course, these pictures are of much better quality than mine, but if you were to see Hank for real, you would be able to see that he looks just like these. I wish I could get a close up of his eyes when he's on alert to make sure I'm not going to hurt him.




3 comments:

Sheryl said...

That is one fat rabbit!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the only way you are getting rid of that cottontail is to recruit a fox! He looks mighty comfy just hanging out in your yard!

Kellie said...

wild or not he is super cute!