Friday, June 5, 2009

Last Day of School!

Hurray for the last day of School! I'm tired of the interruptions in my work to run to the school twice a day, but another month and I'm sure I'll be ready for school to start again. It's easy to forget how disrupted the day really is with kids home all day, but at least my mornings will be peaceful working while they are all sleeping until noon. Actually Cayla has yet to start sleeping in until noon, but she's getting close to those teenage years, so maybe I can talk her into trying.

Cayla came home today with a perfect report card for the entire year, straight 4's and E's. She also received this certificate for scoring in the top 10% nationally in the 6 categories listed.

Brittni faired pretty well in school also, aside from failing precalculus, a class she didn't need (I should have transferred her out rather than let it affect her grade point average [sigh] ). She ended the year with 2 A, 2 A-, and 1 B......and she is now officially a Senior!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go girls!

My girls still have a few more days next week until they are out. I feel the same way... looking forward to them being out but knowing that I will be ready for them to go back long before they are supposed to!

Jen said...

I'm out of school now too, and if feels fantastic. Have a great summer, girls!

Grandmajoann said...

Way to go Cayla! What a good student you are. You are a very smart young woman. I know because I hear you use words that I didn't use until way later in life than you are. Just keep it up! The smarter the better.
Love ya

Sheryl said...

Nice job, ladies! Those are some fantastic report cards. I bet you both like school, too.

I know what you mean about the one grade affecting the GPA. Jen took an Advanced Algebra Trigonometry that was her only non-A all through high school. I can't hardly even SAY Advanced Algegra Trig, let alone DO it.