Cayla did really well today. She made it further than she has before. On the round she went out on, so did everyone else except for 4 kids, two from 5th grade and two from 6th grade. I've always left after she got out so I've never heard what kinds of problems they are given in the later rounds. Gee whiz, are these kids good. I could get some of them, but most of the time, I gave up halfway through. When they string 6 or 7 problems together with double digits and random adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, it is way too taxing for my old brain.
5 comments:
Way to go! I actually really like math but I am not fast at it at all... I can never do anything in my head either, it gets to confusing!
Congratulations Cayla! You're awesome! Mental math is a lot of fun. I enjoy it too!
Good job, Cayla. I think that is terrific that you do that so well.
Way to go, Cayla. Math is a great skill to have and it sounds like you are great at it.
It was really fun seeing you do this in person. I am so glad I was able to be there. I thought it was all amazing. I got a couple, but when it got to the double digits, I was lost. 4+4+4+4-1-X 10 divided by 2 + 10 =
Good job girl! I love you....
Post a Comment