Monday, April 20, 2009

Slowly but surely..

My piano fund climbed a tinch today. Last week I received a $20 refund from Shopko optical and today I got a $50.00 referral check from CareerStep for someone I had told about the program a long time ago. If her mom hadn't mentioned to me at church yesterday that she had finally signed up, this check would have been a complete surprise today. I just love free money!!!

10 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

Hey, a slow start means a fast finish. Maybe you'll get a windfall to add to it. Good luck!

Sheryl said...

How fun for you. I wish I could get some of that free money! I would be planning a beach vacation!

Oliphant Family said...

Slow and sure wins the race!

Matt-n-Jef said...

Slowly but surely, our dreams come alive.. Its amazing how money comes in when you least expect it and dream of something big..

Call me crazy, but I earn a few cents here and there by opening up an email and reading it... so many sites that earn you money that way.

One site allows me to do a trial membership for 30 days and I cancel before I actually have to start paying, and they pay me anywhere from $5 - $20 just to sign up for the free trial membership.. What a concept!!!

My first check was over $100.00... WaHoo!!!

~Cynthia~ said...

Okay, Jef, I want to learn how to do that. I'm sitting at the computer all day anyway, I could use my breaks to earn money elsewhere.

joyce said...

It won't be long before you get to that grand piano you are dreaming of knowing how hard you are willing to work to make things happen. You have been blessed with great determination and will that sees you through so much that would make most people buckle. You are truly amazing Cindy and we love you.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I bet you will have your baby grand by the end of the year. I love free money too when your least expecting it. love ya!

Jen said...

It looks like you are off to a good start. I never seem to find free money....

Nate said...

I think putting this goal on your blog is a great idea. It allows us all to share in the progress with you. I wish I had enough confidence in my saving ability to do something like this on our blog, but I am too afraid I would fail miserably.

MORE Services said...

This one.. you just click the link and wait for it to credit you.. only get 2 cents per click.. but a $10 bonus for registering.. http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?jwassom

The site where you can sign up for trial memberships, read emails, shop for money back, I will have to send you an email to refer you.. This is the one to make bank on. But you have to make sure to keep track of your sign up date, sign up login passwords and be sure you cancel before the trial is up. I always printed up the cancellation instructions so that I had the cancellation number handy. Otherwise it is too hard to remember. You usually have to call to cancel. And of course they always try to upsell you to stay a member..