Monday, April 6, 2009

Jen's cookies.......etc.

Okay, so here is the deal, I brought home some of Jen's Snickerdoodles that she took to dad's yesterday and I can't keep my hands off them. They are so soft and scrumptious. There is nothing like a good cookie. That is really all I was going to post, but now that I'm here, it seems I have more to say...you know me, it's hard to shut me up.

Cindy and Brent also brought scrumptious cookies, so its a good thing I didn't bring any of them home too. (I think you guys left your nice green Tupperware bowl there.)

I really have a major cookie addiction, which is my biggest downfall in trying to lose weight.

I was really good the last two weeks and didn't bring any cookies home from the store, but there is no way I can pass up homemade cookies!!!

We had lots of good food and Kellie made another darling cake.

Dad was doing really good yesterday too. He was getting around fine and his mind seemed really clear (except he thinks he ate 6-10 brownies, when in fact he only really ate 3, maybe 4). It was great to see him having a good day.

While we were there, I set Joyce up with a blog, so she can update us occasionally on how things are going at their house. I have a link on my blog, but until she posts, there won't be anything to read there....and by the way.....

Note to Joyce: We forgot to go to your email and verify your email address for your google account, so you probably have an email waiting from you from google asking you to do that, which you will need to do before we can access your blog. If you have any trouble, give me a call.

It was great to see everyone who was there and we missed those of you who weren't.

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Well, I am unhappy to know I missed out on cake and cookies. To heck with the rest of the food. Let's get to the good stuff!

Thank you for getting Joyce started on the blog. I hope she can find time to post once in a while. I am terrible about calling. I used to be able to do it from work but with my new position it is too quiet in the room and then everybody knows your business. The one time I called from here I got 'counseled' on personal phone calls.

Anonymous said...

I too am extremely unhappy I missed out on cookies. Smores at Jo's house a couple of weeks ago and now this, I can't win!!

Today was going to be the first day of me getting myself under control. I have gained 8 lbs since school started and just feel miserable most of the time. I can't fit in to any of my clothes and it is driving me crazy. Every time I start a schedule and get going, my school changes things up and I have a tough time keeping it going.

I have also realized it is nearly impossible to study when you are hungry (ie starving yourself on a diet) so you are not struggling alone... I am right there with you fighting the battle... the homemade cookies win every time!

Grandmajoann said...

Well, all I can say is I am glad there are some that need to loose weight so I am not the only one. I have tried to loose the same 20 lbs for years. I don't suppose it will ever go away. Afterall, When you reach 72, shouldn't you be able to enjoy life and forget the fat rolls and pounds!

Jen said...

It was nice to spend some time visiting with everyone (except my sisters) on Sunday. I particularly liked the rice casserol, Cynthia's salad, and the rolls. I ate too much cookie dough to be able to enjoy any of the finished product.

Denise said...

Oh hell I completely forgot about the party. Dang it! I am the weakest link. I was really excited for the food too ha ha!

I lost 20lbs last year and have managed to keep it off so I am having a cookie :)

Julie said...

It was nice that dad was so with it. However when I mentioned that every one that was coming was probably there he said he thought his dad was comming then a second later laughed it off but he told me that there is a new thing in heaven that when you decide you want to go to the other side you can submit a paper and they will decide if you can go or not. I told him it sounds like a great idea and he started to laugh and said he was just kidding.