Saturday, February 28, 2009

In Memory of..

Ryan Mouritsen


It was with a great deal of shock and sadness that we learned yesterday of the passing of Stephanie's best friend Ryan in an ultralight plane accident in California.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_11798724

Ryan grew up in our ward and he and Stephanie became friends when the girls moved back to Utah. Ryan's family is one of the most awesome families I have ever met.

Ryan moved to California as an aspiring actor, where he eventually started working as a production assistant, including for the "Reba" show. He was currently trying his hand at writing for a TV series.

He was also a pilot and training to become a flight instructor.
http://sportpilot-flywithry.blogspot.com/


These pictures are from a road trip many years ago that Richard and Stephanie went on with Ryan and his Dad along with some other motorcycle enthusiasts.







We all loved Ryan and were always thrilled if we got to see him on his trips back home to visit family.
We love you and will miss you Ryan!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

What a shock to lose someone who is so young and vibrant. I'm sorry for your loss.

Alyssa Findlay said...

I am still completely in shock. I keep wishing that this was all just a really bad dream. I feel like Ryan has always been a part of our family. After all, I have known him my entire life! These pictures seriously just brought tears to my eyes. I cannot believe that I will never see him again.

Anonymous said...

He is my brother I never had. We both have the same Birthday and have always thought that was awesome. Every year we would call eachother and wish eachother a Happy Birthday. Ryan I will always celebrate our Birthday!!! I love you Ryan!

Grandmajoann said...

I am sad to hear this news. I remember you all talking about him. I don't know if I ever met him however. But I know that you all thought a lot about him. So sorry. It is sad. What a tragic accident.

Sheryl said...

I'm so sorry.

Denise said...

Only the good die young that is for sure. I am sorry about your loss. Be comforted that he lived a good life and died doing something he loves.