Tuesday, February 10, 2009

For Health's Sake!!

This is my latest acquistion in my attempt to get healthy. I love working out on the Wii Fit; however, I'm too embarrased to do it in front of the kids, and sometimes I have to debate with myself, when I have a few minutes of free time, whether to watch a show I have recorded on DVR or workout, so I decided I needed a treadmill. I'm not embarrased to walk on a treadmill in front of the kids and I can walk and watch my shows at the same time, so now I don't have a reason to debate which activity to do. So far, Alyssa and Cayla have spent more time on it than I have, but any time I spend on it is more than I have done for myself in the last 6 years. I'm excited that I finally feel some motivation to start taking care of myself...I just hope that feelings stays with me long enough to actually make a difference.




7 comments:

Sheryl said...

I truly hope you get more action out of it than we do the eliptical trainer that is taking up space in my living room. I do dust it every once in a while, and I'm not sure why I don't use it.

I think I am just so used to looking at it that I don't really see it.

Anonymous said...

Just keep at it, it's a marathon not a sprint! The Wii is killing me, I got on the other day and my Mii was 58 yrs old! No matter what our size or situation getting healthy is one of the hardest things all of us has to do in my eyes. Besides the biggest hurddle is just making the decision to start. Maybe I will finally try to lose the weight I have gained since moving here because I am really getting sick of hearing myself complain about it.... GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

You should of told me that you wanted one. We probably would of sold ours to you for cheap or gave it to you. We have used it maybe 3 times. Jay 2 times and I used it for 1 min if that. We have the total gym now. I have used that 2 times but needs to get into it again. My muscles got too sore the first time so I had to wait a couple days and never got on it again. We also have a ab lounge that we need to get rid of if anyone wants it. I think that is really good that everyone is using it. I need to loose more weight after getting all the good meat for Christmas. Thanks again it was all yummy. The kids are in heaven with the way we have been eating lately copared to before. They keep saying I am the best cook ever. Ha Ha!

Julie said...

My new thing with the WII Fit is to do the free step while I watch my recorded programs. I too prefer not to do it with my family around, I solved that by getting them all moved out! Good luck and have fun!!

Jen said...

Good luck with it! I was doing really well with my elliptical for about a month before I got my new dog, but now she tries to bite my ankles when I use it. I never feel like I'm losing any weight with the elliptical, but I definitly notice a difference in the way I feel. Trying to keep up with my hyper pup wears me out, so hopefully our hour long walks are good enough for now.

Matt-n-Jef said...

We have an eliptacal and a bowflex that Matt just had to have. Do we use them? That would be NOT!!!

I just read an article the other day that 95% of those that bought the Wii Fit hardly ever use it. I guess you and Julie are in that 5% that do..

Rock on!! I have actually been taking Emily out for walks lately. She is just too sad being alone and needs to get out. Thats my motivation. She misses the Bryce.

Alyssa Findlay said...

I have been using the Wii fit almost daily. I absolutely LOVE the strength training on it, and I don't mean to brag, but my Wii Fit Age has been between 18 and 21 for the past 3 weeks! I'm pretty proud of that! lol