Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The 17 Day Diet, Cycle 1, Day 17

Cayla and I started The 17 Day Diet 17 days ago. It is actually 4 cycles of 17 days. The first cycle is green tea with every meal, chicken, fish, and a certain list of vegetables, all you want to eat for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is a protein, which can be eggs, or a probiotic food, along with fruit. You also get another fruit and another probiotic food for snacks. There is also a long list of condiments, fat free cheese and sour cream, sugar free jam, low sugar ketchup, Truvia,low-fat dressings, etc., that are also allowed.

The book includes some recipes which are really good, Taco salad with ground turkey, Turkey and black bean chili, barbecued chicken, chicken vegetable soup, fruit smoothies with kefir and frozen fruits (particularly yummie).

It really hasn't been bad at all, and the weight is falling off. I have lost 14 pounds and Cayla has lost 8. Since I have so much to lose, mine is coming off a little faster which I would have expected. I have to admit that I cheat on Saturdays. Since Bajio is closing for good in April, I refuse to give it up totally for the limited amount of time I have left to eat there. But Cayla is sticking to it even on the weekends when she is with her dad. They either cook some salmon at home, or go somewhere she can order fish, and she's had a buffalo burger without the bun. I am really proud of how well she is doing.

So far, I think this beats what I've heard about those of you starving on the HCG diet. We will see what Cycle 2 brings. I will report back in another 17 days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Can't wait to see pics of the two of you at the end. No easy thing to stick to a diet, especially a kid, way to go Cayla!

Jen said...

Good for you two! I still have another 10 or 12 that I would like to lose, so I started Atkins on Wednesday. I'm having a much easier time with this since you can eat as much protien and fat as you want. After doing HCG I found that it was the carbs that made me start gaining weight back, so I think I just need to stick with a low carb eating plan.

Are all of the Bajio's closing? That is a bit distressing. Costa Vida is very similar, so you might want to check into that.

Good luck!

~Cynthia~ said...

Costa Vida is taking over the Bajios so I will soon find out if it is comparable. I understand they won't dysphagia or odynophagia anything deep fried though and Chimichangas are my favorite at Bajio.

Sheryl said...

Wow, I need to learn more about this diet. Where do I find it? It sounds like a good way to eat to just keep off the weight we have lost. Sugar seems to be the thing that puts it back on me, so if I avoid sugar I keep it off. We need to find the magic for Rick. Maybe this would do it.

14 and 8 lbs in 17 days is fantastic. That is about the same result as HCG and it doesn't sound like you are starving to death! We have friends who are starting HCG. If they can't stick it out, we can point them to the 17-day.