I finally got all my rebates from the utility companies from my window purchases, for a grand total of $563.00. Since I didn't even know about these rebates until after I bought the windows that is a pretty good little sum of money to add to my piano fund.
On another note, I came back from my vacation to find my hedge completely out of control again. I had planned to tackle it Saturday, but by the time I got done working it was just too blasted hot to even think of doing yard work. Much to my surprise when I went out this morning to put a sprinkler out where I am having sprinkler system problems, I discovered the back half of the hedge is completely trimmed on top. I noticed people working in the neighbor's yard yesterday but thought they were just doing the lawn. I have been a little rebelious the past 2 years and refuse to do his side of the hedge back where he has a lot of stuff planted and I can't get to the hedge easily. I guess he hired someone to come trim up all his plantings back there and they did his side of the hedge and the top. After they leave for work today, I will go take a peek, but I would imagine they have done his entire side which means I only have to do my side and the other half of the top, which makes me want to jump for joy. I immediately scheduled Saturday off work, so I can go out first thing and get 'er done, since it looks a bit ridiculous right now to have half of it looking good and half of it totally a mess.
6 comments:
I can't believe you are over 20% to your goal, pretty sweet!
That is awesome that half of your hedge is done... I hate trimming them too. Good luck on Saturday!
I love free money. I just don't know how to go about getting any. We are putting in some new windows, so maybe some will come my way.
I actually quite enjoy trimming my hedges, but not while the temp. is over 90.
I want free money! I replaced my windows last summer, but if there were any kind of rebate program going on then I never heard about it.
It is always nice when you find that someone else has done some of your yard work for you.
well like I have said before.. I have made a few hundred signing up for trials and cancelling before the trial period was up..
And I thought you worked for yourself..you have to ask for the day off? thats crazy
Unfortunately, I don't work for myself. I work for a national transcription company, so I have to ask for days off, but I get tons of them. I just took 6 days off and still have 11 more built up, and I earn 7 hours every 2 weeks so I earn them faster than I ever use them.
Hurrah! It's about time that lazy neighbor helped with that long hedge! I can't believe that they know you are having to do it all and don't offer to do at least half of it everytime...Neighbors! You should tell everyone how you found out about the rebates so they can check it out when they buy windows....
Nice sum of money to put into your piano fund.
Post a Comment